We are in this together. As we remain steadfast in our social distancing, we continue to send our thoughts to everyone whose health, employment or basic needs have been impacted by the Covid-19 crisis.
Here at Ipsun, we’re really feeling fortunate that we are able to provide you with resources that offer resiliency, peace of mind and financial benefit during periods of uncertainty and emergency. We’re also thankful that our staff is able to operate at home, and that we’ll be able to resume our installations by May 11th after implementing safety and preparedness training for our crews.
Back in mid-March, as the situation with the pandemic evolved, it felt critical to pause our operations and evaluate the situation. It is so important to us to keep our employees and our customers safe, and our re-evaluation time was well spent.
We consulted with many experts and spent long hours with our Amicus Solar Cooperative partners to come up with an action plan. This new plan allows us to serve our mission to care for our planet by installing solar, as well as caring for our employees and customers’ safety.
We’re dedicating the next two weeks to virtually training our staff and crew to ensure that all precautions are in place when we return to the rooftops, hopefully on May 11th. Here is an update on the protocols we’ve developed to keep everyone safe and healthy.
New Virtual Process From Start to Finish
For our customers, we have created a contactless process from start to finish, beginning with your first communication and a virtual quote. Your next step would be a virtual site survey process that reserves your spot in our project queue.
When installation time comes, all work will take place outside your home and our crew will maintain social distancing with you and with each other. This process will require exterior conduit on your home, which we are able to install in an aesthetically pleasing way, and will ensure everyone’s safety during the pandemic.
Covid-19 Precautions for Ipsun Staff
- Over the next two weeks, before any work begins, our crews will be outfitted with ample masks, gloves and protective equipment, and trained in the proper use of their equipment.
- Frequent cleaning of our warehouse and vehicles, especially in spaces that are touched regularly, including door handles, light switches and steering wheels.
- Strict social distancing among staff members, and between staff and customers.
- Only two people allowed in our warehouse at a time in addition to our warehouse manager.
- Regular hand washing at the warehouse.
- Unloading shipments of materials without the driver leaving the cab of their truck
- Provide our crew with hand sanitizing methods while in the field.
- Crew drives their own vehicles to the site, no ride sharing or changing vehicles, tools, or protective equipment.
- Establishing dedicated crews, or set combinations of team members who will work together in the field, rather than shuffling workers onto different crews.
Our COVID-19 response even includes a policy some would call unorthodox: Team members opt-in to report to work. We wouldn’t want anyone to feel compelled to report to a worksite if don’t feel confident about the equipment or training they need to be safe enough on the job. Going forward, every crew member who shows up will be affirming they feel good about the gear, policies, and overall appropriateness of doing their job amid the pandemic.
Thanks so much for your support and understanding. It is our main goal that all of our customers and employees in the Ipsun family stay well. Please feel free to contact us directly at 866-484-7787 with questions. We look forward to working with you to ensure your project gets done quickly and safely!